Friday, August 29, 2008

Untitled

Here is a day when I can't find the sun;

Bleached out, washed out, colors that run;

And those who don't care what they say or do

Are those who would walk away from you.


Dogs that bite and dogs that don't;

People promise what I know they won't;

Lying or hiding, where is the line?

Ask me, I'll tell you everything's fine.


Love isn't love if you don't say the words;

And truth is still truth even if it's unheard;

Somebody save me from those who are dead;

Somebody tell me what lives in my head.


Painted on gold looks nice from afar;

Up close it's chipped, fading, and scarred;

Hold the pieces, the tatters, the remnant of this

And tell me I don't need all that I miss.


Fighting the past is like fighting smoke;

Rush down my throat, laugh as I choke;

Around me, inside of me, breathless fear,

But surrender is not an option here.

No comments: